APRIL Group is a signatory to the UN Global Compact. We refer to the International Labor Office’s (ILO) Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work and the ILO Convention 169 –Indigenous and Tribal Peoples Convention.
Forest Concessionaires Association (APHI), Indonesia Pulp and Paper Association (APKI), Indonesia Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KADIN), Indonesia Employer Association (APINDO), Indonesia Business Council for Sustainable Development (IBCSD), World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD).
- Sustainable Plantation Forest Management (SPFM): Since 2006, Riau Andalan Pulp & Paper (RAPP), the operations unit of APRIL Group, has been certified for SPFM, under the Indonesian Ecolabel Institute (LEI) standards.
- Sustainable Production Forest Management (PHPL) certified by Ministry of Forestry: RAPP holds PHPL certification, a mandatory certification for all Indonesian forestry companies. This certification ensures RAPP’s compliance to production, ecological, and social requirements set by the Government of Indonesia.
- Timber Legality Verification (SVLK): The SVLK system was jointly developed by the Indonesian Ministry of Forestry and the European Union (EU) to meet EU’s anti-illegal logging laws and requirements. Our products are accompanied by V-Legal document to certify the legality of the fiber from which the pulp and paper was produced.
- Occupational Health and Safety Management System: SMK3 based on Government Regulation No. 50/ 2012 for mill and forestry sector; a mandatory certification by the Government of Indonesia.
- National Standard of Indonesia (SNI) certification for paper products.
- Indonesia Eco Label for paper product ensuring that the product is produced with environmental best practice standards.
- Blue ‘PROPER’ (Program for Pollution Control, Evaluation and Rating) in 2014 from the Ministry of Environment. A blue rating indicates that the mill environmental performance is in full compliance with Indonesian regulation.
- OHSAS & ISO: APRIL Group’s operations in Riau Province, Indonesia are certified under OHSAS 18001 (Safety Management Systems), ISO 9001 (Quality Management Systems), and ISO 14001 (Environment Management Systems).
- PEFC-CoC: Since 2010, APRIL Group’s production facilities have been certified under Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC) Chain of Custody (CoC) standards, ensuring that all raw materials coming into the mill are from non-controversial sources.
- Origins and Legality of Timber (OLB): Since 2012, RAPP’s entire supply chain has been certified under Bureau Veritas’ standards for OLB, the first industrial plantation company in Asia to achieve this. RAPP supply partners also have passed audits under OLB ‘Chain of Custody-Acceptable Wood’ standards.
- Hong Kong Green label – for paper products: Certification required to ensure that the paper products entering the Hong Kong market meets the Hong Kong Green Label standard.
- ISEGA Germany, Certificate of Compliance – for paper products: the paper is safely used for food packaging.